12, July 2011.
In Continuation to my Paadal Petra sthalangal dharshan, I had been to the following three Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalangal (in Nadu Naadu) near Villupuram on
53/21. THIRU AAMATHUR
Now this place is called as Thirvaamathur. It is a 21st Moovar Paadal Petra sthalam of Nadu Naadu.
Iraivan: Sri Abirameswarar, Sri Azhakia nathar
Iraivi : Sri Multhambigai, Sri Azhakia Nayagi.
Some of the important features of this temple are ....
- This is one of the temple where the Ambal temple is separately built opposite to Shiva temple.
- There are two nandhis. One is big and is made of sudhai and the other one is stone located in a Pit.
- Purpose of Nandhi in a pit is to pray Shiva to get rain, by immersing nandhi in water.
- Ambal is facing west .
Amman Sannathi is famous here, which is south west corner of the temple. To
find out the truth of a guilty person, the person will have to do sathyam in
front of the
. It is believed that Ambal will give punishment to the guilty. Now only Shiva lingam is installed in place of Ambal. Amman
- Town buses are available from Main bus stand. Route nos 22,8C, 32, 6E and 18. Buses going to Mel Gudalur and Elu Sempon is going via this temple.
- Mini bus also available from the old bus stand.
- To catch bus, better to wait at Hospital Stop signal, Villupuram ( Chennai buses also pass through this stop )
- Telephone and mobile numbers are +91 4146 223379 and +91 98430 66252
Moolavar Rajagopuram with kodimaram and Ambpal temple on the other side of the road Rajagopuram is also visible
A big Sudhai nandhi and a small ( Stone ) kal nandhi below the ground level under the mandapam
View of Shiva Temple Rajagopuram with Ambal temple gopuram view from Ambal temple
52/20. PURAVAR PANANGATTUR
This temple is 20th Paadal Petra Shiva sthalam of Nadu Naadu. Saint Gana Sambandhar has sung hymns in praise of Lord Shiva of this temple, Now this place is called as Panayapuram.
Iraivan : Sri Panangatteswarar
Iraivi :: Sri Sathyambigai, Sri Puravammai.
Some of the important features of this temple are...
- It is one of the five Shiva temples, which has Palm Tree as sthala viruksham.
- There are separate sannadhis for Ambal and Sri Murugan, all are facing East.
- This temple was built by Chola King 1st Kulothungan .
- From Chennai to Villupuram get down at Mundiambakkam. The buses going to Pondycheri via Mundiambakkam is going through Panayapuram.
- From Chennai to Neyveli, Panruti, Tanjore, 2 KM after Vikravandi get down at Panayapuram.
- Auto/ Share autos are available from Mundiambakkam Sugar Factory opposite side. 3 KM from Mundiambakkam.
( Moolavar vimanam with Vinayagar sannadhi
Siva Lingam under the Palm tree the sthala viruksham
( Ambal sannadhi vimanam )
Ambal sannadhi entrance
Friont view of the temple with kodimaram
Arumuganar with Lakshmi
Rajagopuram 4 tier
It is a 16th Temple in Nadu Naadu Saint Ganasambandhar Paadal Petra sthalam.. Now the place is called as Thiruvaandarkoil.
Iraivan : Sri Vadugeeswarar, Sri Vatugunathar, Sri Vatugurnathar
Iraivi : Sri Thirupurasundari, Sri Vadukirkanni
- The temple complex is under the control of archaeological department.
- This temple was built
by Chola Kings, similar to
but not to the size. Tanjore Peria Temple
do not have the Kodi maram and Rajagopuram. Temple
- It was believed that Vadugu bairavar worshiped Shiva for the sin caused by killing Asuran Mundakan.
- All the buses from Villupuram to Pondychery pass through Thiruvaandarkoil. The temple on the road side opposite to Food Corporation Godown.
- After visiting Panayapuram Panagatteswarar, Via Koliyanoor koot road, we can reach this temple, through bus to Pondy.
LOCATION OF THE TEMPLE : CLICK HERE
Stone velaipadu moolavar vimanam
Palipeedam with nandhi there is no Dwajasthambam (kodimaram)
Temple entrance with nandhi mandapam
--- OM SHIVAYA NAMA ---