25, July 2011.
to Thirukovilur and had a dharshan of Sri Veerateeswarar temple, one of
the 276 Padal Petra sthalangal. Some of the photos are from the new
chariot are given below.
This is the 43rd Devaram Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalam and 11th Sthalam in Nadu Nadu. Thiruganasambandar and Appar has sung hymns in praise of Lord Shiva of this temple.
Iraivi : Sivanthavalli, Periyanayagi
Some of the features of this temple are....
- The temple is on the south bank of Pennai river.
- The temple has
a 4 tier Rajagopuram. Shiva and Ambal Sannathis are built as separate
- This is one of the att veeratta sthalam. Anthakasuran samhara sthalam. Natarajar's posture with thirisoolam is to be seen. A relief of this story is carved on the wooden chariot.
- Meiporul Nayanar lived in this place and had one seva.
- It was learned that Chola King Rajaraja cholan born in this place.
- Avvaiyar has sung the famous “Vinayagar Agaval” starts with “ Seetha kalaba chenthamari poompatha Silambu pala Isai pada …..”, in this temple. Hence Avvaiyar reached kailash before Sundarar through Vinayagar's tusk.
- Lot of buses are available from Villupuram, Thiruvannamalai, Panruti.
- Mobile number +91 93456 60711
Natarajar saba mandapam vimanam looking from prakaram wall
Vinayagar sannadhi vimanam
Rajagopuram with kodimaram an inside view
Chariot - relief of Anthakasuran's samharam.
Thirutheair ( Chariot ) reliefs.
24th July 2011 went to ThiruKovilur and had the dharshan of Sri Athulyanatheswarar. Of Aryani Nallur. Now this place is called as Araganda Nallur.
44/12. ARAYANI NALLUR ( ARAGANDA NALLUR - THIRU KOVILUR )
This is the 44th Devaram Padal Petra Shiva Sthalam in the north bank of river Pennai and 12th Sthalam in Nadu Nadu. Thiruganasambandar has sung hymns in praise of Lord Shiva of this temple.
Iraivan : Sri Athulyanatheswarar, Sri Oppilaa Maneeswarar, Sri Aryani Nathar
Iraivi : Sri Soundarya Kanakambigai, Sri Arul Nayagi, Sri Azhakiya Nayagi.
Some of the important features of this temple are...
- This temple is built on a mount like rock ( Paarai).
- The 7 tier Rajagopuram is on the south sideon the banks of river Pennai.
- The sanctum sanctorium door of this temple made open by Iraivan for Thirugana Sambandar's song, which was locked by samanars.
and Ulagalantha Perumal Temple . Sri Veerateeswarar Temples can be seen from this temple
- Sri Ramana Maharishi had done meditation befor going to Thiruvannamalai, which is 30 KM from this temple. A Ramana maharishi's Statue is also installed in front of Nalvar.
- Buses also available from various places like Panruti, Vridhachalam, Panruti.
- Lot of buses are available from Villupuram which is 39 KM, get down at Thirukovilur Raailway Station and also called as Araganda nallur.
- Mobile number : +91 9965144849
Temple complex view from a distance
Rajagopuram 7 tier
Ambal sannadhi vimanam with Rajagopuram
---OM SHIVAYA NAMA ---