I went to Thirvalangadu, one of the Devaram Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalam in Thondai Nadu. Even though I had
been to Thiruvalangadu no of times this visit is a special to me. The day was
a Saturday and also a Prathosham day ( Sani Prodhosam is a special one). I was fortunate enough to have the
dharshan of Shiva on this sani prothosham day. I was there till
the completion of abhishekam to Nandhi Devar ( 16.30 Hrs to 18.00 Hrs). I
went to the temple around 15.00 Hrs and taken the details of the temple. During that
time there was not enough light in the prakarams. During abhishekam the lights were
switched on through diesel genset. At the back of Natarajar saba ( Karaikkaal Ammayar's
Jeeva Samadhi). I had done the meditation. During meditation I could feel the
vibration, and it was thrilling experience for me. I thought of visiting this
temple once again, if Lord shiva permits me to go there. Some of the pictures
taken during this visit are up loaded in this post.
This is the 15th Devaram Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalam in Thondai nadu. Moovar has sung hymns in praise of Lord shiva of this temple.
Iraivan: Sri Vadaaranyeswarar, Sri Devar Singa Peruman, Sri Aalangttu Nathar.
Iraivi : Sri Vandaar Kuzhali Amman, Sri Brammarambal.
Some of the important features of this temple are as follows.
- Kaarkodagan, Sunantha Munivar worshiped lord Shiva of this temple.
- There is a 16 Pillar mandapam in front of the temple.
- In the front entrance arch sudhai sirpam of Sri Varasidhi Vinayagar, Sri Oorthavathandava moorthy, Sri Rishabaroodar, Sri Murugan, Sri Kaali to be seen.
- There is a 100 pillar mandapam after the front entrance.
- Rajagopuram is of 5 tiers. On the left side, sannadhi for Vinayagar and Valli Devasena sametha Arumugam sannadhi on the right.
- When we further enter there are two mandapams, one is Dhuvajarogana mandapam ( Kodiyetra mandapam ) and the other is Sukravara Mandapam.
- Nandhi is in a small mandapam, Kodimaram and Pali pedam.
- Inner Gopuram is of 3 tiers. Sudhai sirpam of Iraivan's Oorthava Thandavam, Nandhidevar is playing miruthangam/mathalam, Karaikkal Ammayar in singing Posture, Gajasamkaramoorthy are to be watched.
- On the right side, Iraivan’s thirukalyanakolam, and on the left the story of Karaikaal Ammayar in sudhai sirpam.
- When we proceed further at the entrance, Sudhai sirpam of Pancha Sabai in which Thiruvalangadu – Rathna sabai is at the center. The other four are, on the left 5. Thirukkutralam – Chitra sabai, 3.
– Velli ( Silver ) sabai and on the right 2. Chidambaram – Por sabai ( Gold), 4. Thirunelveli- Thamira sabai, to be watched. Madurai
- 11.In Natarajar Saba – Shiva's Oorthava dhandavam, Ambal and Karaikkal Ammayar in sila roopam. Karaikkal
Ammayar’s jeeva Samadhi is on the back of Natarajar Saba. Front entrance opposite to
Sabais not kept opened. Entrance is with dwarabalagars.
- In the inner prakaram sila roopam for, Sridevi, Boodevi Samedha Vijaragava Perumal, Agora Veerabathrar, Sri Valli Devasena sametha Shanmugar, Ganapathy, Sabtha maathakkal ( Brami, Maheswari, Kowmari, Vaishnavi, Varaaki, Indrani, Samundeeswari), Sastha, Thirunaavukkarasar, Sundaramoorthy, Thiruganasambandar, Manikkavasakar, Karaikkal Ammayar, Kaarkodagar, Moonjikesa Munivar, Pathanjali, Anandhan, Vaathavur adikal, Sandesa Anukgrakar, Sri Vandar Kuzhali Amman, Agastheeswarar, Nagarajar, Sarbarajar, Kailasa Nathar, Ramalingeswarar, Kamtchi Amman, Ekambaranathar, Vaalmeekesar, Kashi Viswanathar, Sahasrara Lingam, Thazhuvi Kuzhainthesar, Soundra Nayagi, Natarajar, Iyappan, Naagarajar, Maantheeswarar, Upathesa Dhakshinamoorthy, Suryan, Chandran, Adhikara nandhi.
- Separate sannadhi for Sri
Valli Deivasena samedha Shunmugar,
Bairavar, Vinayagar, Subramaniyar, Sandikeswarar, Gajalakshmi and Bathrakali
sannadhi is at the left side entrance of first prakaram. amman
- In Koshtam Narthana Ganapathy, Dhakshinamoorthy, Lingothbavar, Brahma, Durgai.
- Ambal is in a separate temple with four hands abaya, vara hastham and lotus in two hands in standing posture.
- Moolavar is under the rudraksha kudai, little large with beautifully decorated ( Archakar must be an artist ).
- Sthalaviruksham Aalamaram ( Banyan tree ) is in the outer prakaram with lot of prayer clothes.
- Kaali temple is out side the main temple facing north ( After defeated by Shiva through the Oorthava dhandavam, Kaali Stayed out side the temple)
HOW TO REACH :
- Town buses available from Chennai ( T Nagar, Broadway, Vadapalani ) to Thiruvallur ( Bus no 597 from T Nagar ).
- Buses also available from Koyambedu.
- From Thiruvallur to Arakonam via Thiruvalangadu 105 C, T20, Srinivasa ( a Private bus).
- Share autos are also available from Narayanapuram Koot road on the Thiruthani bus route.
- Share autos are also available from Thiruvalangadu Railway station from temple entrance.
- The temple is kept open from morning 06.00 Hrs to night 20.00 Hrs without break and the Pooja timings are 07.30 Hrs, 11.00 Hrs, 16.30 Hrs & 19.30 Hrs. People used stay in mandapams even after pooja hours.t break.
- Thiruvalangadu Shiva temple Office Phone number is 044 27872074
- Subbu Iyar - Mobile number +91 9952230906 may be contacted for dharshan and details.
( Temple chariot is kept in this mandapam - the entrance view of the mandapam )
( Entrance arch during night )
( Temple complex view )
( Entrance arch during night )
There is no good hotel for lunch/ meals in Thiruvalangadu and nearest place is Thiruvallur or Thiruthani.
--- OM SHIVAYA NAMA ---