25, August 2013
After knowing the Thirukkazhukundram Shiva Temple is my Rasi temple, planned to go to this temple. This is one of the Devaram Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalam. Since Thiruidaichram ( presently called as Tiruvadisoolam ) is also a Devaram Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalam nearer to Thirukkazhukkundram, so I added this temple in my list during this week end Temples visit on 25-08-2013. For this temple we have to take diversion from Chengalpattu to Thirukkazhukkundram & Thiruporur Koot road. ThriIdaichram is on the way to Chengalpattu to Thiruporur road from the bus stop ( about 9 KM from Chengalpattu ), we have to walk a distance of 1 KM from the main road.
When I reached the temple it was 7.30 Hrs and found the Rajagopuram door was opened and the temple doors are found closed. When I walked around the outer prakaram, heared sound came from inside temple. The Gurukkal told me that doors are kept closed to avoid monkey’s menace.
27 - THIRU IDAICHURAM. Now this place is called as Thiruvadisoolam.
This is the 27th Devaram Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalam in Thondai Nadu. Thiruganasambandar has sung hymns in praise of Lord Shiva of this temple.
Iraivan: Sri Ganapureeswarar, Sri Idaichura Nathar
Iraivi : Sri Govarthanambigai, Sri Imaya madakkodi.
Some of the important features of this temple are….
- Ambal in the form of Cow milked on Iraivan and worshiped.
- Gowthama Maharishi and Sanath kumarars worshiped Lord Shiva of this temple.
- The temple was built with granite stone and the 5 tier Rajagopuram on south side was built recently
- There is no Dwajasthambam, but only Palipeedam and Nandhi mandapam.
- Karuvarai is of agazhi type.
- Moolavar is of Syuambu – Maragatha lingam - a precious green stone.
- Swamy and Ambal sannadhi vimanam’s were constructed under the Sri Jayenthra saraswathi swamykal’s pon vizha period.
- In the outer prakaram sannadhi for Ganapathy, Sri Valli Devasena Subramaniyar, Sri Bramandeswarar and his concert, Navagrahas.
- In the inner prakaram moorthangal of Naagars, Naalvar, Ganapathi, Sri Valli Deivanai samedha Sri Subramaniyar, Bairavar and Suryan.
- In koshtam Ganapathy, Dhakshinamoorthy, Maha Vishnu in place of Lingothbavar, Brahma and Vishnu Durgai.
- Villenthiya velan/ Murugan on the right side of moolavar keeping the right leg on the mayil vahanam ( a relief ) looks cute.
- Thiruvadi soolam is about 9 KM from Chengal Pattu and 6 KM from Koot road.
- All the Govt. and Private buses from Chengal Pattu to Thiruporur are passes through this village.
- Gurukkal may be contacted for temple timings, pooja etc. through his mobile number is 9444948937.
Sri Valli Devasena Sri Subramaniyar
A relief of villenthiya Murugan ( also see a moortham in Thirukkazhukkundram base temple Amman sannadhi entrance )
East side entrance view
South side entrance view
Moolavar gopuram with Vinayagar sannadhi
The banyan tree is swallowing the Palm tree
A banyan tree around a palm tree
A recently constructed 5 tier Rajagopuram
After dharshan I came out of the temple, a devotee suggested me to go to Devi Sri Karumariamman temple and Bairavar temple which are under construction. Two devotees took me to the Sri Devi Karumaiamman Temple in their car. The car went through an un -finished mud road for about 2 KM from Shiva Temple. On the way I could not see any human beings. The road passes through the forest and mountains with full of green. ( Thanks for the recent rain) .
The Amman is unique in nature in sitting posture with ten hands of which two are in abaya and Vara hastham, to a height of 31 feet on a 20 feet pedestal, totally 51 feet. The Amman is made of single monolithic granite stone brought from a village Siruthamur, Pattakonavadai Village in semi finished condition weighing nearly 800 tons ( ?) through a 100 wheel trailer. It was a toughest journey to bring through the forest mud road. The Amman was erected in open to sky at present and super structure with kodi lingam will be build latter. The Temple is being constructed by Sri Thambu Swamy’s 6th generation great great grand son, Sri Madurai Muthu Swamikal MA., BL. Sri Thambu Swamykal is the person who constructed the Thiruverkadu Sri Karumari Amman Temple. It was learnt that Amman came in his dream and explained him where and how the temple to be constructed for her.
The Amman temple is under Balalayam and poojas are conducted regularly in a separate place and Soolam. Every day annadhanam is being served to the visiting devotees between 12.00 Hrs to 13.30 Hrs and Pournami pooja is conducted elaborately up to 21.00 hrs with unchal seva.
CONTACT DETAILS :
Aathi Parameshwari Devi Sri Karumari Amman Shetharam,
Sri Koil Puram, ,
Sri Koil Puram, ,
TRUST OFFICE AT CHENNAI :
G Block, Second Street,
Anna Nagar West
LOCATION OF THE TEMPLE : CLICK HERE
Sri Devi Karumari Amman Statue - about 300 Tons monolithic stone of 31 feet high on a 20 feet pedestal
Temple under construction
THIRUVADI SOOLAM ( EECHANKARANAI ) BAIRAVAR TEMPLE :
After Sri Devi Karumari Amman’s dharshan people told me that Sri Bairavar temple under construction is about a KM from there. Walked alone endlessly. The path was stretching like hanuman’s tail. There was nobody crossing me through the forest road. There was a frightening silence except some birds chirping. At one point I missed the route and went through a wrong route and after crossing 500 meters returned back to the same junction and waited for a while to get the correct direction to the temple. Two persons on a motor cycle came and they said they do not have the idea of such a temple. Then after a while a person on a motor cycle guided me the correct direction to the Bairavar temple. I found very difficult to walk under the scorching sun. The sun showed no mercy on me. After walking to a distance of about a KM, at-last I had seen the temple from a distance.
Some of the important features of this temple are...
- The temple is under construction in a round shape facing east.
- Inside it was very calm with a chanting of Sri Bairavaya namha: through a sound system.
- The inside shape is like Siva Lingam and bright lights were installed around the ceiling.
- The Bairavar Moortham is installed at an elevated position at the centre with 12 steps signifying the 12 rasis from Meenam to Mesham.
- In the inner circle Ashta bairavars are installed. They are namely 1, Sri Ashithanga Bairavar, 2. Sri Sanda bairavar, 3. Sri Guru Bairavar, 4. Sri Krothana Bairavar, 5. Sri Pickshadana bairavar, 6. Sri Kabala Bairavar. 7. Sri Unmattha Bairavar and 8. Sri Samkara Bairavar.
- In the outer prakaram sannadhi for Sri Rudhra Vinayagar, Sri Vaishnavi devi, Sri Azhaku Prithyangara Devi and Sri Valli Deva sena Sri Subramaniyar.
HOW TO REACH :
CONTACT DETAILS :
- A Town bus is available from Thiruvadi soolam but frequency is limited.
- Auto are available from Thiruvadi soolam
CONTACT DETAILS :
- The temple is being constructed by Sri Bairava Siddhantham Swamykal from Nagarkoil.
- Temple address is Sri Bairavar temple , Eechangkaranai, Thiruvadi Soolam, Bairavar Nagar, Chengalpattu 603109.
- The Mobile numbers are 9940392913 and 9444460759.
SRI BAIRAVAR TEMPLE AT EECHANGKAARANAI, THIRUVADI SOOLAM
Sri Bairavar temple under construction
After finishing Sri Bairavar’s dharshan again walked back lonely to Thiruvadi Soolam bus stop to catch the bus to Chengalpattu to Thirukkazhukkundram koot road. I exhausted when I reached to the bus stand. It was 11.30 Hrs when I landed at Thirukkazhukkundram. Both temples, one on the top of hill ( Malai Koil ) and the other at the base ( Thazha Koil ) are Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalangal.
First I went to Hill Temple. The temple authorities are collecting fees for the entrance to the hill temple too. The steps are neatly paved up to the entrance of the shrine. ( The view of the base temple from the top is a panoramic view ) The front arch is under construction.
28 - THIRUKKAZHUKKUNDRAM ( Malai Koil - மலைக் கோவில் )
This is the 28th Devaram and Thiruvasakam paadal Petra Shiva Sthalam. Naalvar has sung hymns in praise of Lord Shiva of this temple.
Iraivan : Sri Vedhagireeswarar
Iraivi : Sri Chokka Nayagi.
Some of the salient features of this temple are ….
- The hill is about 500 feet from base. Moolavar is suyambu and facing east.
- The hill itself as vedham and hence the hill is called as Vedhagiri.
- Markandeyar worshiped Lord Shiva of this temple.
- In the inner prakaram moortham for Sri Vinayagar, Ambal sannadhi and a shiva Lingam.
- On the east side entrance Sri Vallabai Vinayagar and Srivalli Devasena Sri Subramaniyar and on the North side entrance Sri Vinayagar and Sri Murugan.
- Natarajar saba is in the artha mandapam.
- On the return path There is a Pallava period Kudaivarai ( Rock cut temple ). This rock cut Shiva Temple was chiseled during AD 610 to 640 by Mahendravaraman I. This is now under the control of Archeological Survey of India.
- Ambal is in standing posture facing north.
- There are no moorthams in koshtam.
- There is no nandhi and only Palipeedam with Dwajasthambam.
HOW TO REACH :
- Government and Private Buses are available from Chengalpattu, Chennai, Thiruporur, Kalpakkam
- Temple timings are : 08.30 Hrs and 17.00 Hrs to 19.00 Hrs and
- The devasthanam landline number is 044 – 27447139.
Entrace to Malai Temple
Moolavar Gopuram of Malai temple
Rock cut temple another view
Kudaivarai Koil - Rock cut temple Shiva
King and his wife worshiping Lord Shiva with a sword kept near the king - See the legs posture - Relief on the steps near the Kudaivarai koil ( Rock cut temple )
28- THIRUKKAZHUKKUNDRAM BASE TEMPLE ( தாழ கோவில் ).
After the malai temple dharshan proceeded to base temple. The temple is under renovation and preparing for the kumbabhishekam on 15th September 2013. It is a huge temple with Ambal temple built separately. The temple is with full of dust due to cleaning and painting.
Iraivan : Sri Bakthavachaleswarar
Iraivi : Sri Thiribura Sundari
Some of the important details are ….
- All the 5 raja gopurams ( two on the east side ) are of 7 tiers.
- Conch has appeared from Sangu theertham to do abhishekam to Sri Markandeyar, from then every 12 years conch is appearing from the thirukkulam.
- There is a 16 Pillar mandapam with lot of relief on the pillars and old paintings on the ceiling.
- Ashta Puja Durgai is on the wall of the present office complex on the east side entrance. The relief looks very beautiful.
- Vilenthiya Velan /Murugan in front of Ambal sannadhi moortham is very beautiful.
- Moolavar vimanam is of Gajabirushtam type.
- There are lot of Tamil inscriptions on the moolavar and Ambal karuvarai wall. ( It is a rare sight to see the old tamil inscriptions on the ambal temple also ). These inscriptions belongs to the 7th century Pallava, Chozha and Rastra kooda period.
- Agora Veerabathrarar is a large moortham and looks beautiful.
- Sri Chakram is on Ambal and abhishekam is done on Adipuram, Panguni Uthiram and Navarathiri Navami day.
- The office land line is 044 – 27447139
- Kannan Gurukkal Mobile number is 9790736702.
LOCATION OF THE TEMPLE : CLICK HERE
A bird's eye view of the base temple, view from Malai temple
Second level Rajagopuram on the east side
16 Pillar mandapam
Old painting at the centre of the 16 pillar mandapam ceiling
Ambal's dhabas relief on the 16 pillar mandapam
Relief of shiva dancing on the 16 pillar mandapam
View of the temple complte complex with sthala viruksham
Temple complex view
Temple complex view
Beautufully sculptured pillars
Villantheya Murugan - a moortham on the right side entrance of Ambal temple
ASHTA PUJA DURGAI ( Relief on the office Complex wall - must see - Some of the temple people do not know where it is )
After dharshan walked to see the sangu theertha Kulam with neerazhi mandapam at the center. There is a Shiva temple on the banks of Sangu theertha Kulam. Iraivan is Sri Theertha karaieeswarar and his concert is Sri Birambarambigai. The theertha kulam has little water due to the recent rain.
Sangu Theertham ( conch ) with malai temple on the back
Sri Brambarambigai samedha Theerthakarai Eeswarar temple
Then I went to a Vaippu sthalam Sri Rudhra Kodi and the people calls it as Rudhrangkoil, which is very near ( 1 KM ) to the sangu theertam. Iraivan is Sri Rudhra Kodeeswarar and Ambal is Sri Abirama sundari. The temple was closed when I went there around 13.00 Hrs. The thirukkulam was not maintained properly.
Temple view with temple pond
Had my lunch in the hotel and returned to Chennai around 16.00 Hrs through EMU from Chengalpattu.
--- OM SIVAYA NAMA :---