...a Continuation post.
26th September 2016.
After the Thirumalapadi Sri Vaithyanatha Swamy’s dharshan we left for Mela Palur (Pazhuvur) Shiva Temple. Once the temple was in ruined condition and the same was reconstructed.
Iraivan : Sri Sundareswarar
Iraivi : Sri Meenakshi
Some of the details of this temple are...
- CE 880 Pazhuvettaraiyar Kandan, Kumaran and Maravan ruled this place. Kalki’s Ponniyin Selvan a portion of the story revolves in this place.. The temple was renovated recently and is about 3 feet below the out side ground level.
- The temple is facing east with 3 tier a simple Rajagopuram without any stucco sirpams.
- Elephnat ( Iravataham), Dwajasthambam and Palipedam at after the Rajagopuram entrance.
- The temple has a muka mandapam, arthamandapam and sanctum. The Sanctum was built with double wall makes the passage around inner sanctum.
- Nandhi is in the muka mandapam.
- In the outer prakaram sannadhi for Jamathakni rishi, Suryan, Sapthamathakkal, Akora Veerabathirar, Sri Natarajar, Devi Kottai Karumari Amman, Kadan Nivarthi Vinayagar, Sri Valli Devasena Subramaniyar, Baladhandayuthapani, SandikeswararGajalakshmi, Jyeshtha Devi, Navagrahas, Sani Bhaghavan, Naagar, Uma maheswarar, Rishabarudar, fosil Nagar, Mahavishnu and Bairavar.
- Ambal is in a separate sannadhi with stone Vimanam.
- Kumbhabhishekam was performed on 09-09-2015 after 500 years with contribution of Nattukkottai Nagarathar AR Ramanathan.
- It was believed that by worshiping Lord Shiva of this temple will remove the curse of Mother, will get children by worshiping Jyeshtha Devi.
- The temple is kept open between 07.00 Hrs to 11.00 Hrs and 17.00 Hrs to 19.00 Hrs
HOW TO REACH :
- The temple in mela Pazhuvur, which is 50 Km from Trichy, 15 KM from Ariyalur and 35 Km Thanjavur.
.......... to be continued (Ponniyin Selvan Meet at Thanjavur ).
--- OM SHIVAYA NAMA:---