Sunday, 16 October 2016

SIVAN MALAI, PATTALI ( ARASAMPALAYAM), KODUMANAL AND ARACHALUR – IN SEARCH OF HISTORY, KONGU NADU.

10th October 2016.
After a long time, I  had  the opportunity of  utilizing the Pooja Holidays. Unfortunately one day was  spend  for  the family function at Erode. The Second day was  used for the Attur Fort – A heritage walk along with the Salem History searchers Group. The third and fourth day were left to me to explore the Kongu Nadu Heritage sites visit.  When  I asked for the Kodumanal and Arachalur  visit, Gowthami agreed to accompany with me and Peruvaakai Konadan & Gireesh Gopinath also Joined with us.  

The Heritage Sites Planned are  Sivan Malai, Sivan malai Cairn circles, Kodumanal and Arachalur Isai kalvettukkal. Since Sivan Malai Murugan temple was very near to Gangeyam the native of Gowthami,  I went to Kangeyam.  Mr Peruvaakai Kondan and Gireesh Gopinath joined at Sivan Malai Temple.

CAIRN CIRCLES NEAR SIVAN MALAI, KANGEYAM IN KONGU NADU
When Gowthami told me about the circles available in Kongu Nadu,  I was very much surprised and would like to see them.  On the way to Sivan Malai Gowthami had shown me the Cairn Circles on the dry fields. Most of the circles were disturbed and flat stones were also uprooted. Only few are exists in good shape. 



 … to be Continued ( Sri Subramaniya Swamy Temple, Sivan Malai)

--- OM SHIVAYA NAMA---

1 comment:

  1. Very Interesting post Velu ji.
    Rekha
    rekhasahay.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete